Sunday 22 June 2014

Flora and Fauna inspiration plus winners

Welcome back to another fab Pan Pastel challenge!

We've got some really exciting news but before we get to that its time to announce the winner and Top 3 from our One for the Boys Challenge!

Our lucky winner, chosen by random.org is ........
26. Angel North
Congratulations hun, email us quoting your winners code to claim your prize!

and our top 3 DT picks are
2 Butterfly
10 Jane's Journal
15 Nikki Acton
Well done ladies, your entries were gorgeous! Don't  forget to grab your Top 3 badges for your blogs

Today we are really excited to not only bring you more inspiration for our challenge but to also introduce our new Guest Designer who has joined us
Yvonne Froehlich
You are going to adore Yvonne's work!

So let's get to today's challenge, which is week two of our
Flora and Fauna

So let's see this week's inspiration from the team...

Yvonne...I used an A4 sheet of white card onto which I blended a selection of Panpastels - I used Magenta, Violet, Orange and Yellow.  I drew around a size 8 tag (three times) to make the Triptych effect. I cut the tags out which left a strip of card which I used to die cut the butterflies so that the colours would tone in with the background. I also used the Panpastels to colour the seam binding. After stamping I added black Distress Glitter to make it pop.

Doreen... I first made my background using  Permanent Red, Magenta and Diarylide Yellow PanPastels while masking out the moon.I then gave it a quick spritz of some cheap hairspray to set the pastels. My images were then stamped  with Black Versafine ink.xxx




Terry, Hey there guys I had fun altering a heartshaped box, used lots of Gesso, Light Modelling Paste and the Roses Stencil from Dutch Doobadoo. Lots of Acrylic Paints and PanPastels to colour the butterflies on top and to cover the box.


Claire  I've created a summery scene with  my PanPastels, its so quick and easy to do and so much easier than brayering. You can find all the details on my blog 


20 Colour PanPastel Set Landscape



Thanks for visiting, don't forget to link up your entry to our Flora and Fauna challenge 
and we'll see you  next week with a brand new challenge

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for chosing me in your Top 3, I'm thrilled. Well done to the very lucky winner AngelNorth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much guys (and Random.org!) - there's no code to quote though, does somebody want to update the post or should I just e-mail without it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Beautiful the DT work is . I like your's Yvonne a gorgeous blend of colours blended to perfection xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - super speedy! My prize arrived this morning, thank you very much! Now if you could just arrange to send a few more hours in the day, I'd be well set to use it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrilled to be a top pick thank you (especially as my lucky winnings from the previous challenge have just arrived - happy days!!)... and congratulations to all the other winners.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!