Sunday 11 February 2018

Love 2 Create - Nikky Hall using a digi image to create a journal page

We are very lucky today and have the very talented Nikky Hall (from Polkadoodles) sharing one her of her projects with us on Love 2 Create using a digi image called Oddella Twig to create a journal page ...

Over to you Nikky ...


I coloured this Oddella image up a few weeks back and when I looked at it the following day I suddenly had an overwhelming urge to make her into a journal page which I have not done for absolutely eons...and I mean eternity eons! So I didnt lose the mojo for her I rushed upstairs as soon as I got in from work and decided I was only allowing the time it took for the pizza to cook and no more - I'm trying to set myself time goals so I just go with the flow and didn't procrastinate too much as it's killing my melon, man ... this was the coloured image before and after ...



 I just got all my fave colours out and random stamps which just happened to be the nearest to hand which were all my textures from Premium Art Brands and threw it all on. I did actually spritz and seal between layers but because I was rushing they did get very muddied and I used a lot of yellow ochre pan pastel, (which I don't normally do). Not what I was aiming for at all but this was pizza journaling after all ...!



I just ripped the image off the paper and glued it down with photo glue then applied all the Pan Pastel colours around it, using a Versamark inkpad to overstamp - love using Versamark ink as they just stick to the Pan Pastels like glue and make it so vibrant...


A bit of doodling to finish off using a black Graph'It marker which will go over virtually anything and the must have Graph'It White Shake marker and voila ...




WOWsers, I'm sure you will all agree that that is one fabulous journal page and unless you were told, wouldn't believe that it was a digi image and not a stamped one.

We'd love it if you became a follower of our challenge blog, not just to join in with the challenges ... which would be way cool by the way ... but to check out all the fabulous projects shared.

Happy crafting everyone and don't forget to pop over next week as the winners, plus top 3 will be announced for last months challenge. REMEMBER you still have time to enter this months challenge and all the details can be found HERE.

Before we go, what have you been making recently? Why not pop over to our Facebook page and share your projects with us - https://www.facebook.com/groups/love2create - we look forward to seeing you.

5 comments:

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!